The ability to visualize your dreams creates a mindset that makes an individual’s ambitions possible. Understanding exactly what one wants is the foundation for accomplishing goals. Importantly, people should not focus on only one goal because this can be limiting. Instead focus on a series of objectives. To begin visualizing and laying a foundation for future aspirations, it is important to strengthen self-confidence in order to dream big.
A personal mission statement can help visualize future aspirations. Individuals can look at how they want to be remembered, what principles they trust, what they consider to be their passion and their perceived destiny. In a personal mission statement, it is most beneficial to determine meaningful values and accomplishments in order to make these visualizations real. Readjusting one’s destination can happen at any time throughout life as long as one commits to taking steps toward their goals each day.
A person’s destiny is built with their goals. Concentrate on smaller goals and challenges in order to establish the groundwork for an ultimate goal. One’s goals characterize what they believe in and who they want to become. These goals must align with the visualization of their destiny to achieve their ultimate goal. Goals should be written and readily available, detailed, including a time frame and reviewed regularly.
The following life-defining questions should be answered thoughtfully in order to produce quality goals:
* Question 1: What are 10 things I want ‘to be’?
* Question 2: What are 10 things I want ‘to do’?
* Question 3: What are 10 things that I want ‘to have’?
* Question 4: Where are five places in the world that I want ‘to go’?
* Question 5: What are 12 five-year goals that will help me accomplish questions 1-4?
* Question 6: What are 12 one-year goals that I must do to get me on my way?
* Question 7: Where do I want to live? (Be specific: what state, area, and region? What type of house? What do you want nearby–water? The ocean? Mountains?)
* Question 8: Who is the one person I want to make my journey with?
Goals provide direction and control. They allow a person to pursue their destiny one step at a time. The life-defining questions provide a sense of control over their destiny, and an overall sense of fulfillment when each goal is clearly defined.
Design and Developed by WPoets