We live in denial of our inherent negativity for the most part, and often wonder why the world around is so mean and reckless. At work, we never fail telling our juniors how meeting deadlines can be a tough proposition, and not to think too ‘out of the box’ to impress the boss. In short, we never tire telling all concerned how tough things can be!
Unlike dogs we may not be born eternal optimists, but positivity is something that can be imbibed even if a tad forcibly; such as by trying to tweak our sense of humor, the way we react to a given situation, by being more pleasant and believing others too have a mind, and by smiling each time somebody says ‘thank you’. When people feed their minds with positive information, it translates into a positive personality.
There are seven steps to becoming a positive person:
1. Positive self-talk. It is important to control inner dialogue and to use positive language. A good practice is using affirmations daily to support positive behavior, thoughts, and emotions.
2. Positive visualization. Visualizing one’s goals as already accomplished is one of the most powerful abilities available. The act of visualizing can turn positive ideas into positive realities.
3. Positive people. It is important to make an effort to associate with positive people and avoid negative individuals whenever possible.
4. Positive mental food. Cultivating a healthy mind by reading books and magazines that are educational, inspirational, or motivational will create a foundation for a positive mental state of mind.
5. Positive training and development. Lifelong learning is the key to finding success and financial independence.
6. Positive health habits. Good physical health depends on eating nutritional foods, exercising regularly, and getting plenty of rest.
7. Positive expectations. One of the most effective ways to ensure positive outcomes is to have positive expectations of the future, no matter what the present.
A positive mind anticipates happiness, joy, health and a successful result. Try these methods, and you’ll be surprised when others notice the change in you and don’t forget to share with us.
Design and Developed by WPoets